Learn German, Experience Vienna!

Visa Information

Note: The information on this page is particularly sensitive. Visa regulations are subject to change frequently without notice. We cannot accept any liability for the information given here. It is strongly recommended to confirm with the respective Austrian consulate or embassy before making any travel decision.

Entry Visa

EU citizens never need a visa to travel, study, or work in Germany. However, if staying for more than 3 months, a residence permit must be obtained from the local aliens' registration office.

Citizens of industrialized countries including many Latin American and Eastern European countries don't need a visa for short-term stays up to 3 months.

Entry without a Visa up to 3 months

Argentina, Guatemala, Paraguay, Australia, Honduras, Singapore, Bolivia, Hong Kong, South Korea, Brazil, Israel Uruguay, Bulgaria, Malaysia, U.S.A., Canada, Mexico, Venezuela, Chile, New Zealand, Costa Rica, Nicaragua, Croatia, Panama

Entry without a Visa up to 6 months


Applying for Student Visa

If citizens from these countries wish to study for more than 90 days, they need a Residence Permit (Student Visa). The Student Visa must be obtained prior to departure from their country at the Austrian Embassy or Consulate.